Download the ACE Community Colleges Student Handbook to read about all funding possibilities, eligibility and associated criteria in your State. Student Handbook
Quick summary of programs available in NSW:
Smart and Skilled
This is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training system. Under Smart and Skilled the NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course with the student paying the balance. You are eligible for Smart and Skilled Funding if you are:
• 15 years old or over, and
• no longer at school, and
• living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
• an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
• or are a NSW apprentice or trainee.
For more on the Program visit the Smart and Skilled website.
Tech Savvy for Small Business
Funding under Smart & Skilled is provided by the NSW Government to support small business owners and their staff by providing training in targeted areas such as information technology, business services and foundation skills. Eligible learners must meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility as outlined above and be an employer or employee of a small business. A small business is defined as a business with 20 employees or less, or an annual turnover of less than $2,000,000.
Community Service Obligation
Funding under Smart & Skilled is provided by the NSW Government to assist learners who need extra support or assistance with reading, writing and numeracy. Eligible learners include:
• Australian citizens / permanent residents or humanitarian visa holders who have very low literacy, language and numeracy levels
• people with limited employability skills
• people who are unemployed or underemployed
• students with a disability
• students who are commonwealth welfare recipients
• young disadvantaged students who need assistance transitioning to further study
• people who have other barriers to Smart and Skilled entitlement.
Training can be provided in a range of areas including:
• Foundation Skills and Job Skills Training
• Community Services Work
• Aged Care Work
• Business Administration
• Information, Digital Media and Technology
• Aboriginal Driver Training.
ACE Community Colleges is an approved Smart and Skilled provider of these courses: Business and Work Skills, Aged Care and Community Services, Disability Programs, English Language, First Aid, IT and Computer Training, Short Courses.
Our Colleges have developed strong links with the Aboriginal community over the last 10 years. We are dedicated to improving outcomes for Aboriginal people through educational programs, in particular through assisting Aboriginal people gain their driver’s licence, which can open the door to many new employment, study and life opportunities. Go here for more on the Aboriginal Driver Education Program.