If you currently work as a leisure officer, recreational officer, diversional therapy assistant or activities officer, or want to, this qualification will assist to expand your career options. You will learn how to design, implement and evaluate leisure and health activities and associated programs.
There are only 9 units to complete to gain this qualification if you hold a Certificate III qualification in Aged Care (or Individual Support) and are working in the industry.
For anyone with existing nursing qualifications your journey to create positive impact as a diversional therapist/activities officer begins here. Talk to our Customer Care Team about RPL [recognition of prior learning]. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to complete a qualification.
COURSE DELIVERY STRUCTURE
- 18 months maximum duration
- 17 Units
- 1 hour class training via video monthly
- 45 minutes scheduled mentoring with Trainer each fortnight
- 12 hours per Unit of directed home studies
- 4 hours per Unit of research
- This course requires the support of your workplace and 120 hours of employment/job tasks, OR will be achieved at the conclusion of the course at a time when it is safe to do so.
NATIONAL POLICE CLEARANCE
Students will be required to complete and pay for a National Police Clearance prior to enrolment in this course.
WHERE TO NEXT
Select the Apply tab below to explore course start dates and download detailed course information. The course fee is determined according to your personal circumstances, you could be eligible for low fee or fee free training. Please contact the College to discuss your eligibility.
NATIONAL STUDENT OUTCOMES
Available in Lismore. see below for details