This course is available under NSW Fee Free for eligible Northern Rivers students, until allocation is exhausted. To explore your eligibility GO HERE, or phone our Customer Care team Lismore 02 6622 1903 / Murwillumbah 02 6672 6005.
NEW 2023 TRAINING PACKAGE
A truly fulfilling career in community care begins right here. This is an entry-level qualification, suitable for anyone looking to make a difference on the frontline of ageing and disability.
Combine your caring, nurturing and empathetic nature with specialised skills and knowledge to provide both physical and emotional support to clients and their families. Learn how to follow an individualised plan to provide the best possible person-centred care; facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support; and promote independence and wellbeing.
You will develop your communication skills, along with building an understanding of the legal and ethical requirements while working with diverse people. You will also gain a learning in healthy body systems and best practices for WHS and infection control.
Successful completion of this Nationally Recognised qualification can boost your employability as a care worker in a community, home or residential care setting. You will discuss options of specialising in aged care or disability care with the ACE Student Services team on enrolment.
Make the most of our Connected Learning training experience to get you there – face to face classes, online assessment, valuable work placement onsite at a residential care facility, along with support from our industry expert trainers. If you have existing experience but need to formalise your qualifications, talk to our Customer Care Team about an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) pathway.
- Students will be required to complete and pay for a National Police Clearance prior to enrolment in this course.
- Evidence of COVID-19 double vaccination may be required for work placement, at the discretion of the placement facility. Please discuss with ACE Student Services for more information.
- As a duty of care to clients, the influenza vaccination is highly recommended, at the discretion of the placement facility. Please discuss with ACE Student Services for more information.
- Disability specialisation only – Students will need to obtain the following clearances:
- Working with Children Check (NSW) or Blue Card (QLD)
- Disability Worker Screening – obtained prior to work placement.
REALLY GO PLACES
Successful completion of this program may assist students to gain entry into further study and/or may contribute towards study credits.
WHERE TO NEXT
Select the ACE location closest to you from the tabs below to explore course start dates and download detailed course information. The course fee is determined according to your personal circumstances, you could be eligible for low fee or fee free training. Please contact the College to discuss your eligibility.
REAL WORLD JOBS
Aged Care Worker / Disability Support Worker / Lifestyle Support Worker / Home Care Assistant
NATIONAL STUDENT OUTCOMES
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore, Murwillumbah. see below for details