If you are seeking a strong starting point for a career in community care this is the must have entry level qualification. Learn how to operate effectively as a care worker or assistant in nursing in a residential aged care facility, or as a community care worker. In general this Nationally Recognised Training reflects the role of people working in community or residential settings who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support.
- This course is a brilliant step in boosting your employment prospects if you are looking to enter this growth industry.
- Also a match for holders of an existing Certificate III in Individual Support seeking to add a new specialisation to their portfolio of skills.
- It would also be suitable if you have some experience and need to formalise your qualifications. Talk to our Customer Care Team about RPL [recognition of prior learning]. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to complete a qualification.
COURSE DELIVERY STRUCTURE:
- 26 weeks maximum duration
- 13 Units
- 45 minutes scheduled mentoring with Trainer each week
- 12 hours per Unit of directed home studies
- 4 hours per Unit of research
- 3 mandatory workshops (6 hours per workshop)
- To achieve this qualification you will also complete at least 120 hours of work placement arranged by ACE. Practical placement will be achieved at the conclusion of the course when it is safe to do so.
NSW STUDENT SPECIALISATION:
For NSW based students your specialisation options are Ageing and Disability.
QLD STUDENT SPECIALISATION:
For Queensland based students you decide your specialisation from these options – Ageing, Home and Community, and Disability. Applicants selecting the Disability specialisation will be required to obtain a Yellow Card at their own expense prior to course commencement.
NATIONAL POLICE CLEARANCE:
Students will be required to complete and pay for a National Police Clearance prior to enrolment in this course.
REALLY GO PLACES:
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Disability, Home & Community) is a pathway to CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability, CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure & Health, CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services, HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Social Science, Associate Degree of Integrated Care in Ageing, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
Successful completion of this program may assist students to gain entry into further study and/or may contribute towards study credits. Go here for your Health & Community career pathway map and begin.
Select the ACE location closest to you from the tabs below to explore course start dates and download detailed course information.
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore, Southport. see below for details