An Accidental Counsellor is anyone who is not necessarily employed as a counsellor, however finds themselves in a counselling role. You could be a frontline worker in an administrative role, a nurse, teacher, coach, support worker or complimentary health practitioner. In this workshop you will learn a practical counselling framework for effective client support with opportunities to practice your new skills in a safe, supportive environment.
KEY LEARNING TOPICS:
• How to listen effectively and help clients clarify their problems
• How to direct questions so the client can identify possible solutions
• How to create healthy boundaries to avoid burnout
• The value of mindfulness and breathing techniques to reduce anxiety
• How to help clients challenge their negative self-talk and create a more positive outlook
• Assist clients to set goals and consider new possibilities; and
• When to refer clients on.
In NSW this course is assessed against the following unit of competency: FSKLRG04 Use basic strategies for work related learning. In QLD, there is no unit attached, and these courses are non-accredited.
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore. see below for details