This professional development workshop is for anyone who is not employed as a counsellor, however finds themselves in a counselling role as a result of conversations or requests for support that arise from clients or colleagues – honestly that could be all of us.
You might have a busy front line administrative role, be a supervisor or team leader, nurse, teacher, coach, support worker, early childhood educator or complimentary health practitioner.
This workshop (delivered in live interactive webinar format) is a package of engaging activities, discussion and opportunities to practice learning so you can respond with increased skills and confidence. We focus on developing your awareness and understanding whilst building practical ‘how to’ capabilities within a counselling framework.
KEY LEARNING TOPICS:
• How to listen effectively and help others clarify their problems
• How to direct questions so others can identify possible solutions
• How to create healthy boundaries to avoid burnout
• The value of mindfulness and breathing techniques to reduce anxiety; and
• When to refer people on to professional assistance and support.
Prue Howard comes with over 20 years of Community Service experience, and more than 4 years of crisis counselling. She readily shares her industry knowledge to ensure you are armed with new strategies to support your clients, and protect your own well-being in the process.
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore, Southport. see below for details