This short course is for anyone who is not necessarily employed as a counsellor, however finds themselves in a counselling role as a result of conversations or requests for support that arise from clients or colleagues – honestly that could be all of us.
You might have a busy frontline administrative role, be a supervisor or team leader, nurse, teacher, coach, support worker, early childhood educator or complimentary health practitioner.
Our one day short course is a package of interactive activities, discussion and opportunities to practice learning so you can respond with increased skills and confidence. We focus on developing your awareness and understanding whilst building practical ‘how to’ capabilities within a counselling framework. The course shines a light on the significance of communication, specifically your ability to deliver compassionate and appropriate responses.
KEY LEARNING TOPICS:
• How to listen effectively and help clients clarify their problems
• How to direct questions so the client can identify possible solutions
• How to create healthy boundaries to avoid burnout
• The value of mindfulness and breathing techniques to reduce anxiety
• How to help clients challenge their negative self-talk and create a more positive outlook
• Assist clients to set goals and consider new possibilities; and
• When to refer clients on.
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore, Southport. see below for details