I wanted to provide you with an update on changed operational arrangements being implemented across the ACE Community Colleges network in response to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Following the latest Government advice with regards to social distancing and further direction specific for VET Providers ACE is making a number of changes effective immediately.
- Full Qualification Courses currently in progress will continue this week [23 – 27 March], adhering strictly to the social distancing requirements. Thereafter students will transfer to our Learning Online platform for the remainder of their course.
Students will be supported in this transition and our Trainers will implement an engagement action plan to ensure strong student learning outcomes.
Practical Placement will be achieved when it is safe to do so.
- Enrolments for Full Qualification Courses with start dates in April and May are now open, please be advised that these classes will be delivered Online.
- The Driver Education Program is postponed for the interim period and will be reactivated when it is safe to do so.
- Lifestyle workshops and short courses are cancelled. Staff are currently contacting impacted students.
- Professional Development workshops and short courses are cancelled. Staff are currently contacting impacted students.
- Whilst our classrooms are closed ACE staff will be working, adhering to Government social distancing requirements. Our priority is the safety and health of everyone. Our Customer Care teams will be using electronic platforms and phone based services from ACE locations in Lismore, Burleigh Waters and Southport to support students and new enrolments.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
As we progress through the weeks and months ahead let’s remember to take care, listen and action the advice; and importantly be kind to one another. ACE Community Colleges is determined to help the community through this period and looks forward to welcoming you back onto Campus when the time is right. We will continue to publish our news on the ACE Blog, Facebook Pages and Email, please do stay connected.
CEO & PRINCIPAL
Download this Update.