Skilling for Recovery Training Initiative
The Skilling for Recovery Training Initiative is part of a matched funding commitment of almost $320 million between the NSW and Australian governments under the JobTrainer Fund. Skilling for Recovery is a key component of the State’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
The program is designed to help job seekers retrain or up-skill and support school leavers entering the workforce for the first time. It will provide a combination of short and long courses for job seekers and young people, including school leavers at no cost.
If you are aged 25 or over and not currently employed OR aged 17-24 (regardless of employment status) OR at risk of losing your job (see below for further detail), this could be your opportunity to complete a full certificate course at zero cost.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FEE-FREE TRAINING?
If you meet the below criteria you may be eligible for FEE-FREE training at ACE Community Colleges.
You MUST meet all of the following:
- 15 years old and over; AND
- No longer at school; AND
- Live OR work in NSW; AND
- Australian OR New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident OR a Humanitarian Visa Holder (International Students are not eligible).
AND meet ONE of the following:
- Aged between 17-24 years old (regardless of employment status); OR
- Centrelink benefit recipient; OR
- Unemployed (you DO NOT have to be in receipt of any Commonwealth benefits or registered with Centrelink); OR
- At risk of unemployment or expected to be unemployed (see below definition).
Definition of “at risk of unemployment”
- Stood down/Jobkeeper/furloughed employee: employee who has been stood down or employee for whom employer has Jobkeeper arrangement in place and at risk of becoming unemployed.
- Person returning to work (employed for 6 months or less): employed on condition of receiving training to build capacity and capability for the job role. This would be within the first 6 months of employment.
- Low skilled/unskilled employee: existing employee, with or without relevant skills or previous qualification up to Certificate III, that requires training to upskill to secure ongoing employment or future employment.
- Workers in declining industries: workers at any company in an agreed declining industry who require upskilling/reskilling for redeployment.
COURSES YOU CAN DO:
BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services
BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Contact our Customer Care Team at ACE Community Colleges Lismore on 6622 1903 to discuss your eligibility and training preferences.