Adult Learners’ Week is celebrated annually with hundreds of events and activities designed to promote the benefits of learning and to highlight the many options available: in the home, at work and in the community.
Adult Learners’ Week is about:
- promoting the range of learning possibilities
- making learning options relevant and accessible to learners
- creating a culture of lifelong learning
- building a bridge between basic, vocational and general adult education (including literacy and numeracy)
- showing the strong relationship between adult learning, strong democracies and productive communities
- creating a learning society that everyone can access.
It’s simple really. Learning makes a difference!
- It improves your life in so many ways – from your health and wellbeing through to your socioeconomic status.
- It’s important to challenge yourself. Moving beyond your comfort zone improves your life.
- It builds your confidence and happiness.
- It broadens your outlook and expands your mind.
- It helps you to stay relevant in an ever-changing world. We all need to be lifelong learners now.
- It keeps you connected with others, and helps prevent stress and loneliness.
What are you waiting for? Find an event near you.