If you are seeking a strong starting point for a career in community care this is the must have entry level qualification. Learn how to operate effectively as a care worker or assistant in nursing in a residential aged care facility, or as a community care worker. In general this Nationally Recognised Training reflects the role of people working in community or residential settings who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support.
- This course is a brilliant step forward in boosting your employment prospects if you are looking to enter this growth industry.
- Also a match for holders of an existing Certificate III in Individual Support seeking to add a new specialisation to their portfolio of skills.
- It would also be suitable if you have some experience and need to formalise your qualifications. Talk to our Customer Care Team about RPL [recognition of prior learning]. The recognition gained may considerably reduce the study time needed to complete a qualification.
CONFIRMING YOUR SPECIALISATION
All students nominate their specialisation as part of the enrolment process. On receipt of your application an ACE Student Support team member will contact you to confirm your specialisation preference and answer any questions you may have about each of the options.
COURSE DELIVERY STRUCTURE
- 26 weeks maximum duration
- 13 Units
- 2 hour class training via video weekly
- 45 minutes scheduled mentoring with Trainer each week
- 12 hours per Unit of directed home studies
- 4 hours per Unit of research
- 2 mandatory workshops (6 hours per workshop)
- To achieve this qualification you will also complete at least 120 hours of work placement arranged by ACE. This will be achieved throughout the course or at the end of all theory.
- Please note that these delivery arrangements are subject to COVID-19 regulations and requirements which, at any given time, could include the need for students to be fully vaccinated against the virus prior to commencing work placement. Please contact us on 02 6622 1903 (Lismore) or 07 5520 3026 (Burleigh Waters) for up-to-date information on current restrictions prior to enrolling.
NATIONAL POLICE CLEARANCE
Students will be required to complete and pay for a National Police Clearance prior to enrolment in this course.
REALLY GO PLACES
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Disability, Home & Community) is a pathway to CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability, CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure & Health, CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services, HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Bachelor of Social Science, Associate Degree of Integrated Care in Ageing, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
Successful completion of this program may assist students to gain entry into further study and/or may contribute towards study credits. Go here for your Health & Community career pathway map and begin.
WHERE TO NEXT
Select the ACE location closest to you from the tabs below to explore course start dates and download detailed course information. The course fee is determined according to your personal circumstances, you could be eligible for low fee or fee free training. Please contact the College to discuss your eligibility.
NATIONAL STUDENT OUTCOMES
Available in Burleigh Waters, Lismore, Southport. see below for details